Wednesday January 29, 2014
Lower Energy Costs and Reduce Energy Consumption with Energy Smart Homes
(BUSINESS WIRE)--Gehan Homes, an award-winning Dallas-based homebuilder, has been designing homes for families for 25 years, and is committed to building homes that are “Designed for Your Life.” With the energy-conscious homebuyer in mind, each floor plan is equipped with high-quality, energy-efficient smart features to lower energy costs and reduce energy consumption.
The Home Energy Rating System (HERS®) Index, the industry standard by which a home’s energy efficiency is measured, ranks Gehan Homes 57% more energy-efficient than a typical resale home according to U.S. Department of Energy standards. By choosing a Gehan Home, overall energy consumption is reduced by 44% with an estimated savings of $998 annually.
“Energy-efficiency is a serious consideration in today’s home buying process and homebuyers want to know how that translates into reduced energy consumption and decreased utility bills. We have responded to that need by making significant investments in our energy-saving features and smart designs. These features come standard with every Gehan Home,” explains Timothy Gehan, CEO of Gehan Homes.
Every Gehan home includes more than 18 smart features designed to conserve energy and reduce excess usage, resulting in an average HERS score of 73 in the Texas market. Some of the features of these energy-efficient homes in Texas include:
- Radiant Barrier Roof Decking
- Blown-In Attic Insulation
- Honeywell® Programmable Thermostat
- Energy-Efficient Windows with Low E3 Glazing
- Energy Star Rated or Qualified Dishwasher
- 50-Gallon Energy-Efficient Water Heater
- Lennox® 14-SEER Cooling/Heating System
- Attic Air Flow Ventilation
- Water-Conserving Fixtures
- Tightly Sealed Air Ducts
- Low VOC Products in Paint, Woodwork and Carpet
- Manufactured Wood Components